New Horizons Genealogy

"Specializing in New England and New York Colonial American Ancestry"

1841 - 1900 Marriage Records
Church of the Cross
Town of Ticonderoga
Essex County, New York

An Episcopal church existed in Ticonderoga prior to 1820 under the name of St. Paul's. Between 1829 and 1839 the parish died out for want of proper clerical ministrations. In 1839 reorganization was begun by Rev. Palmer Dyer, rector of Trinity Church in Whitehall, NY, and on May 15, 1839, a parish was organized as the Church of the Cross. From 1845 to 1869 no regular services were held, and Holy Sacraments were administered only occasionally by visiting priests. In 1869 regular services were resumed and have continued to the present day.